Want to spice up your winter? Well, I did, too…and I couldn’t resist these beautiful rainbow carrots with their vibrant, exciting colors that I came across recently at the PMA’s Fresh Summit Convention and Expo in Anaheim, CA. This absolutely gorgeous feast for the eyes and the tummy was inspired by their unique look! The colors are amazing–deep purple, yellow, red, white, peach and of course orange. I decided to make a salad by shaving the carrots into ribbons using my vegetable peeler so I could showcase all the gorgeous colors inside. Surprisingly their flavor isn’t all that much different…some of the carrots might taste slightly sweeter than the others but you sure can’t beat the visual! Enjoy!!
Rainbow Carrot Ribbon Salad
- rainbow carrot ribbons
- baby arugula (substitute kale if you like)
- Parmigiano Reggiano ribbons
- slivered red onion
- fresh parsley
- fresh basil
- toasted pine nuts, optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- light vinaigrette of your choice or see recipe below
- Use a large bowl to toss and coat every thing completely then place your salad on a platter.
- VINAIGRETTE RECIPE: 3 parts good olive oil to 1 part wine vinegar, a splash of balsamic, 1 smashed garlic clove, a dollop of dijon mustard, 1 teaspoon of oregano, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, ground pepper to taste. Whisk everything together.
Here’s to your health…and your senses!!